8 famous albino animals
Albinos are extremely pale and as such, suffer from sunburns and skin cancers more frequently than non-albinos.
The lack of eye pigmentation can also cause problems. Human albinos often require surgery or wear corrective lenses.
Albino animals face almost insurmountable odds when they're born in the wild.
Baby albinos are seen as an oddity within their own species and are more visible to predators.
These animals may also be cursed with imperfect vision or other health problems.
Those lucky enough to be born in a zoo can look forward to a relatively comfortable life being gawked at — and written about by environmental websites.
Here are seven amazing famous albino animals.
Mother Nature Network
MNN is designed for people who want to make the world a better place.
- Australian Border Force boss Roman Quaedvlieg sacked after helping girlfriend get job in force
- Video - 30 years ago these classics were topping the charts
- Video - Tomas Slavik winning run at Red Bull Valparaiso Cerro Abajo 2018
- Beijing has fired a new weapon at sea for the first time
- Photo - Giant Leatherback Sea Turtle