Balancing holidays and the blended family
One of the trickiest things to negotiate in a divorce is holidays and how kids will spend time with each parent.
It is an area where I see the most negativity arise between divorced couples and it becomes even harder when new partners and stepchildren are added to the equation.
I was part of a blended family growing up and I saw the two extremes in the households where my biological parents lived.
On one hand, my siblings and I felt like strangers, and it got even worse once we had children.
We were allotted a short visit at Christmas and knew that the stockings with our names on them were coming down the second we left in favor of the biological children of our stepparent
Read more...Coombs: Balancing holidays and the blended family http://tipsandsteps.com/shortlink/td
- Australian Border Force boss Roman Quaedvlieg sacked after helping girlfriend get job in force
- Video - 30 years ago these classics were topping the charts
- Video - Tomas Slavik winning run at Red Bull Valparaiso Cerro Abajo 2018
- Beijing has fired a new weapon at sea for the first time
- Photo - Giant Leatherback Sea Turtle