Becoming part of a stepfamily involves adjusting to a number of changes, both for parents and children
Stepfamilies - Better Health Channel
"Becoming part of a stepfamily involves adjusting to a number of changes, both for parents and children.
Young people of different ages tend to feel different things about this at first.
They may experience a range of feelings, including anger, jealousy, hate, confusion, hurt and despair.
These are all natural and part of the loss and grief process.
They will pass, with support from caregivers.
It is important not to blame a child if they are causing problems or feeling angry, sad or resentful. Instead, they need understanding."
- Justine Damond police shooting shows the gulf between America and Australia
- Helicopter crashes on Barrier Reef pontoon in North Queensland
- Kaurna people granted native title rights in Adelaide 18 years after claim
- How do you spot a fake charity collector?
- Tathra bushfire - Family overjoyed after finding dogs left behind survived blaze unscathed