Blended Family and Step-Parenting Tips
How to Bond with Your Stepchildren and Deal with Stepfamily Issues
Since many remarriages include children from previous relationships, stepfamilies or blended families are more common than ever.
When families "blend" to create stepfamilies, though, things rarely progress smoothly.
Some children may resist changes, while you as a parent can become frustrated when your new family doesn't function like your previous one.
While changes to family structure require adjustment time for everyone involved, these guidelines can help your blended family work through the growing pains.
No matter how strained or difficult things seem at first, with open communication, mutual respect, and plenty of love and patience, you can develop a close bond with your new stepchildren and form an affectionate and successful new family.
Latest Wiki Entries
- My Blended Family 2
- Who is Jeff Kennett
- Who is Julia Gillard
- Julia Gillard to replace Jeff Kennett as Beyond Blue chair
- Bollywood dance the ticket to celebrating 50 years of Indian culture in Adelaide
- Adelaide Crows edge Brisbane Lions by one goal after Erin Phillips masterclass
- Salt Creek: SA man found guilty of six charges over attack on backpackers
- Salt Creek timeline: Supreme Court trial describes details of harrowing ordeal
- Stop Sweet Cravings
- Unstick a Door