Blended families pose challenges
Blending families can be challenging, and reasons are many and varied. The National Step Family Resource Center points out that all step families begin with a history of loss. Step families form because previous relationships have ended.
Such a significant loss can bring on feelings of sadness, anger and fear, and many times members of a blended family may enter into the new situation on edge, guarding themselves against the possibility of experiencing that kind of loss all over again.
In addition, the very formation of step families creates “insiders” and “outsiders,” according to the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. In traditional families, relationships are more fluid. Family members feel closer to each other depending on experiences.
Latest Wiki Entries
- How to Treat a Mild Concussion
- My Blended Family 2
- Who is Jeff Kennett
- Who is Julia Gillard
- Julia Gillard to replace Jeff Kennett as Beyond Blue chair
- Bollywood dance the ticket to celebrating 50 years of Indian culture in Adelaide
- Adelaide Crows edge Brisbane Lions by one goal after Erin Phillips masterclass
- Salt Creek: SA man found guilty of six charges over attack on backpackers
- Salt Creek timeline: Supreme Court trial describes details of harrowing ordeal
- Stop Sweet Cravings