Christmas with a blended family
Family holidays can be stressful for families that have just experienced change, such as divorce, blending of a family or new siblings.
It’s important to be aware and to keep the lines of communication open between you and your child.
They will be struggling with a pre conceived ideal of what Christmas should be; being as it was before.
They will not emotionally understand why things have to change and often those hurt feelings will come up right in the middle or just after a family event.
Be aware of their telltale sensory signs of stress, and help them through the transition with patience and understanding.
- Justine Damond police shooting shows the gulf between America and Australia
- Helicopter crashes on Barrier Reef pontoon in North Queensland
- Kaurna people granted native title rights in Adelaide 18 years after claim
- How do you spot a fake charity collector?
- Tathra bushfire - Family overjoyed after finding dogs left behind survived blaze unscathed