Chugging too much water may kill you because it will imbalance your electrolytes, but in moderation it can be done with little risk.
- Make sure there is no ice in the water, swallowing chunks isn't good!
- Make sure the water is at a comfortable temperature. Water that is too cold will contract your throat, and hot water will burn it.
- Tilt head back 45 degrees. Enough to let the water pour down, instead of needing to be sucked down.
- Loosen your throat muscles and let the water pour down. You'll chug whole glasses in seconds. Make sure it goes down the right tube though, choking on water is rough.
- Make sure there is a small gap between your top lip and the top of the bottle's mouth. This will allow air flow and make the water bubble when drinking it. this allows you to breathe while drinking.
- Drinking a whole glass of water before a meal helps to curb your appetite and can help you lose weight and fat.
- The longer you can comfortably hold your breath, the more water you will be capable of chugging.
- Beware of water poisoning.
- Do not drink more than one percent (1%) of your body weight in ounces of water at a time, it may make you very sick because your stomach will get caught off guard with the surplus of unexpected water. (150 lbs = 24 oz)
- Don't push it. If you hold your breath for too long, you may suddenly gasp and suction the water down your trachea into your lungs.
- NEVER have a water chugging contest.
- Never chug water when laying down. It could make you choke, and you could be injured or die if it goes down the wrong tube.
Things You'll Need
- A Glass
- A bottle
Related Tips and Steps
- How to Drink More Water Everyday
- How to Turn Salt Water Into Drinking Water
- How to Drink Milk Without Getting Sick
- How to Drink a Tequila Shot
- How to Boil Water
- How to Chug Beer
- How to Chug a Beer
WIN a Tassie holiday worth $8,000
Request your free interactive e-guide to discover the highlights of Tasmania. Plus, you’ll go into the draw to WIN a dream Tassie driving holiday package valued at over $8,000!
GRAND PRIZE INCLUDES:
- $1,500 Spirit of Tasmania gift voucher
- $5,000 spending money
- $1,000 Kathmandu gift card
- $500 BP petrol gift card
- GoPro camera
Enter to the draw to win a Tassie Driving Adventure