Deal With Step Children During Divorce
Stepchildren very often are overlooked during a divorce. This can be very damaging to them. If you have a strong bond to these children, the pain of separation will be no less than if they were your own children.
- Treat them no differently than your own. They may need more love than your biological child since this is their second divorce.
- If you are trying to protect your children from an abusive spouse, also protect your step children identically.
- Understand that it's difficult not to be angry during divorce, but you have to succeed for the sake of your children.
Related Tips and Steps
- How to Stop Your Kids From Using Your Divorce to Their Advantage
- How to Cope with Divorce As a Child
- How to Survive a Divorce As a Teenager
- How to Tell Children You Are Remarrying
- How to Cope With Parents Splitting Up
- How to Collect Child Support when Everything else Fails
- How to Deal With Divorced Parents
Cannot find HTML file divorce.html