Donald Trump administration's request to restore travel ban denied by US appeals court
A US appeals court has rejected the Trump administration's request to immediately reinstate its travel ban barring citizens from seven mainly Muslim countries and temporarily banning refugees.
A federal judge temporarily invalidated the ban on Friday night (local time), and the US Justice Department today filed a formal appeal against the ruling.
"We'll win. For the safety of our country, we'll win," Mr Trump told reporters at his private Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.
But on Sunday evening, the US Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit denied the request.
- The US Justice Department today filed a formal appeal
- The White House has until Monday to present a reply
- Who is the judge who blocked the ruling?
Latest Wiki Entries
- How to Treat a Mild Concussion
- My Blended Family 2
- Who is Jeff Kennett
- Who is Julia Gillard
- Julia Gillard to replace Jeff Kennett as Beyond Blue chair
- Bollywood dance the ticket to celebrating 50 years of Indian culture in Adelaide
- Adelaide Crows edge Brisbane Lions by one goal after Erin Phillips masterclass
- Salt Creek: SA man found guilty of six charges over attack on backpackers
- Salt Creek timeline: Supreme Court trial describes details of harrowing ordeal
- Stop Sweet Cravings