Eat a Persimmon
From My wiki
How to prepare and eat a persimmon.
- Wash the persimmon.
- Using a sharp knife cut the top(leaves) off like you would prepare a tomato.
- Cut into any shape you desire and eat by inserting a bite sized piece into mouth, chewing and then swallowing when safe to do so.
- Persimmons can be cooked or eaten raw. can be made into a jam/marmalade or also be used in salads.
- Fuyu Persimmons are short and firm. They're crisp and sweet and the skin can be eaten or peeled. They are great in fruit salads or baked in coffee cake.
- Hachiya are longer and more "peach-shaped." They need to be eaten when very soft. Best eaten chilled,or scooped out with a spoon.
- To have a persimmon ripen faster, place it in a bag with an apple. You may eat the outside so don't freak if you do.
- If you eat the Hachiya type of persimmon before it's completely ripe, you will find it bitter and chalky, and have the strongest mouth puckering experience of your life. It will numb your lips and tongue for a short moment. However, you can avoid this by soaking the persimmon in salt water for a minute before you eat it. The salt will remove most of the bitter taste in your mouth. Alternately, simply wait until the Hachiya persimmon is soft and ripe. Be careful of the seeds