How to Find Stepfamily Harmony
Stepfamilies are the fastest growing type of family in the UK, but in many ways they represent the wild west of family life. There are no clear rules, very little advice and few good role models (especially in fairy tales).
I found this out for myself both as a psychologist studying stepmothers and personally, when I met my now husband, who had an 18-month-old son from his previous marriage, while I had a three-year-old son and a daughter aged six. I went into these new circumstances thinking - ‘I’m already a mum, how hard can it be?’
- Australian Border Force boss Roman Quaedvlieg sacked after helping girlfriend get job in force
- Video - 30 years ago these classics were topping the charts
- Video - Tomas Slavik winning run at Red Bull Valparaiso Cerro Abajo 2018
- Beijing has fired a new weapon at sea for the first time
- Photo - Giant Leatherback Sea Turtle