How to Help Your Stepfamily Blend
When deciding to make a life together with your partner to form a new, blended family, many rewards and challenges lie ahead.
A blended family can include your children or your new spouse’s children from a previous relationship.
It can take a few years for a blended family to establish itself and function well together.
It is normal for the children to feel uncertain about the upcoming changes and how it will affect current relationships with their natural parents.
They will also worry about living with new step-siblings.
Planning how your blended family will function before the marriage takes place will give you the best chance of success.
- Justine Damond police shooting shows the gulf between America and Australia
- Helicopter crashes on Barrier Reef pontoon in North Queensland
- Kaurna people granted native title rights in Adelaide 18 years after claim
- How do you spot a fake charity collector?
- Tathra bushfire - Family overjoyed after finding dogs left behind survived blaze unscathed