How to Live With Step Brothers
Living with step brothers can be hard, especially if you don't know them very well, so the best thing to do is try to maintain a good relationship.
- Get to know them. Ask them what they like to do or what their hobbies are. If you like the same things you can get a great new friend.
- Don't be too close, especially if you don't know him that much. Be nice of course, but don't go around hugging and kissing him if you just met him. After a while you can start doing these.
- If you don't like him, don't say it out loud. You're gonna be living together, so even if you hate him, try to be nice and if necessary, keep your distance.
- Treat him like a friend. Haven't you ever thought: how awesome would it be to live with my best friend? Well if you like him and you have a good time together, you can really enjoy living together.
- Take your time. Nobody expects you to love him right away, you don't even have to be friends. But if the time comes where you do love him( or love spending time with him), don't be afraid to tell anyone, its perfectly normal to love someone you spend a great amount of time with.
- Don't be too obvious about your friendship. It's great if you have one, but if you have another brother( especially if he's younger) you might want to keep talking and spending time with him, don't let him feel left out.
- Don't fight. If you are still not very close and you have a big fight, it can really tense things up in the future. In this case, keep your distance or apologize if necessary and try to forget about it as quick as possible.
- Don't be too clingy. If it gets to the point where you always feel the need to be with him, slow down, you shouldn't feel like this in early periods of the relationship, he also has a life, so don't be with him all the time, like when is friends come over or hes spending time in his room, if you do this to much, he will get tired of you.
- Be nice.
- Don't fight over stupid things like the TV remote.