How to make managing finances a family affair – five tips that work
Q: My husband and I have been together for about six years and have a blended family.
Between us we have five kids; our four older children are 12 to 15 years old, and then we have our little one who just turned five and started kindergarten last month.
We feel very fortunate that our life is quite stable, except that we struggle with managing family finances.
With the kids getting older and wanting to have their say, expenses adding up more and more all the time, having to co-ordinate with both of our ex-spouses, combined with our regular household bills, I can’t quite explain it, other than to say it’s complicated.
How can we make it easier to manage money as a family? ~Katherine
- Justine Damond police shooting shows the gulf between America and Australia
- Helicopter crashes on Barrier Reef pontoon in North Queensland
- Kaurna people granted native title rights in Adelaide 18 years after claim
- How do you spot a fake charity collector?
- Tathra bushfire - Family overjoyed after finding dogs left behind survived blaze unscathed