I love him, but not his kids
As she will tell you, the best-kept secret of step-parenting is that just because you fall for your partner, it doesn't mean you'll take to their children.
The truth is, you're more likely not to. One wonders why it is such a crime to admit to such a universal reality?
We're not supposed to unconditionally love our partner's parents, after all, so why should their offspring be a different matter?
As step-families are the fastest-rising family form we have, why is it so difficult to admit to the ambivalence so many of us experience daily?
- Justine Damond police shooting shows the gulf between America and Australia
- Helicopter crashes on Barrier Reef pontoon in North Queensland
- Kaurna people granted native title rights in Adelaide 18 years after claim
- How do you spot a fake charity collector?
- Tathra bushfire - Family overjoyed after finding dogs left behind survived blaze unscathed