Keep Your House Cool Without an Air Conditioner
From Tips and Steps
Looking for more informationType Keep Your House Cool Without an Air Conditioner into the search box below.
Summer is hot, and can be miserable, but you don't need air conditioning to keep cool!
- Wear short sleeve shirts and shorts.
- Change all your bedsheets to something lighter and cooler.
- Don't cook anything on the stove, especially a gas stove! Thats what outside grills are for!
- Keep doors to bedrooms and bathrooms open as much as possible, this will allow better airflow in your house.
- Keep lights off, and don't use a lot of high energy things like TV and Treadmills.
- Keep the windows open while it is still cool outside. To keep the coolness in the house, close them until the house starts to heat up.
- Close shades and blinds on the sunny side of the house.
- Buy a fan for your room and some other hot rooms in the house. Moving hot air feels better than stagnant hot air.
- Open the windows at night. If possible, open a door to the attic or loft; this creates a "stack effect" and the hot air will rise out of the living space.
- Keep screens on the window so bugs don't get in!
- Don't keep doors open where intruders could get in.
Related Tips and Steps
- How to Cool Yourself Without Air Conditioning
- How to Keep Cool in Summer
- How to Keep the Upstairs of Your Air Conditioned Home Cooler
- How to Install an Inwall Air Conditioner
- How to Buy a Central Air Conditioner