Kids Health - Topics - Stepfamilies
Sadly sometimes a family is split up. Maybe the mum and dad decide to live apart. Maybe the mum or the dad dies.
After a time, the mum or dad may start a new relationship.
That may lead to the child having not just a 'new' mum or dad, but perhaps a whole new family, because the new parent in the kid's life may have kids of his or her own too.
This is having a stepfamily.
The kids are not natural brothers and sisters, they are stepsiblings (sibling is a word we can use which means a brother or sister).
- Justine Damond police shooting shows the gulf between America and Australia
- Helicopter crashes on Barrier Reef pontoon in North Queensland
- Kaurna people granted native title rights in Adelaide 18 years after claim
- How do you spot a fake charity collector?
- Tathra bushfire - Family overjoyed after finding dogs left behind survived blaze unscathed