Make Jello Cake
From My wiki
- White cake mix
- One big box or two little boxes of flavored gelatin
- Creamy whipped topping of any flavor
- Candy sprinkles (optional)
- Poke holes with a fork or a pair of chopsticks when the sheet cake gets cool. Holes should not go all the way through cake to the bottom of the pan. The entire cake should be perforated this way with holes every 1/2 - 3/4 inch (1-2 centimeters).
- gelatin. Do not chill.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator until gelatin firms, about 3-4 hours.
- You can make the layers with different colors or flavors. Use 1 small box of gelatin for each layer. You could also alternate stripes or patterns on a 9 x 13-inch cake with different flavors. You could coordinate for holidays such as red and blue gelatin for the 4th of July.
- If you want to get really creative, use different flavors of cake mix too.
- Whipping together some cool whip with some regular white frosting makes a good frosting for jello cake.
- Some people prefer the taste of angel food cake, experiment with other flavors to find what you like
- Children can help mix the cake mix and poke holes in the cooled cake, but help them out with the oven and pouring boiling water!
- Do not use regular frosting, it won't stick to the gelatin like it does to cake!
- Jello is not a vegetarian dessert. Gelatin is a protein produced by partial hydrolysis of collagen extracted from the bones, connective tissues, organs, and some intestines of animals such as cattle, horses, and alligators.
Things You'll Need
- White cake mix
- Sheet cake pan
- Hot water
- Fork or chopstick
- Creamy whipped Topping
- Candy sprinkles