This bread is one delicious way of using them up. And the bread freezes well too.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg (if you can grate it freshly, so much the better)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup raisins (sultanas)
- 2 cups coarsely grated zucchini (squeeze out excess moisture & remove any seeds)
- 1 cup vegetable or nut oil of choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs (beaten) or egg substitutes
- Put ingredients listed below together on your workspace.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Grease a 9 x 5 x 2.5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Stir in the raisins (sultanas) and the zucchini.
- Put the beaten eggs (or egg substitute) into a separate bowl and add the vanilla and oil. Mix together.
- Add this liquid mix to the stirred dry mix.
- Stir one more time, quickly and only until all ingredients become smooth. Don't over-stir.
- Pour the bread mix into the pan.
- Bake for 55 - 70 minutes. Test by checking for a brown top and use a cake skewer in the center to see if it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a cake rack.
- Delicious served warm with butter or vegan margarine melting into it.
- Try nut butters or chocolate-hazelnut butter when it is cooler.
- This bread will have about a dozen slices.
Related Tips and Steps
Looking for more information on Make Zucchini Bread? Search using Google Just add your search term in the box below. The result will appear on this page.
Please leave a comment
comments powered by