Man's overdose death at Macquarie University Hospital shouldn't have happened

From My wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

A healthy 54-year-old man who died after routine knee surgery was given stronger medication meant for another patient, an inquest has heard.

Paul Lau died from a drug overdose at Macquarie University Hospital in June 2015, about six hours after undergoing a left knee reconstruction operation.
ABC-Logo.jpg

A four-day inquest has begun in the NSW Coroners Court into how and why the medication error occurred, and what could be learned to ensure such an incident never happens again.

Read more...http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-05/hospital-death-paul-lau-inquest/9396744