Overcome Allergy to Formula Milk
From Tips and Steps
Looking for more informationType Overcome Allergy to Formula Milk into the search box below.
Breastfeeding your child is what every mother wants. It is the best food ever for your infant. But for a number of reasons, for working mothers especially, it may be necessary to use the alternative of formula milk. Mothers should be aware that sometimes babies could be allergic to formula milk. Should you just force them to have the milk anyway or not do anything about it? Don’t panic, there are some ways to overcome this problem.
- Change your formula to soy based milk until the symptoms fade away. Symptoms of lactose intolerance include: diarrhea, vomiting and persistent wind.
- Check the color of your baby’s stool. Inform the doctor about this.
- Provide a healthy diet. Make sure if your child is suffering from this problem, always provide a balanced and healthy diet.
- Give your baby less lactose-containing food. Do not stop giving food with lactose, just control the amount of intake. Limit the intake to about 3 to 4 times a day, at a rate of 5 to 8 grams or about half a cup.
- Replace milk with high calcium food. Such foods include anchovies, sardines, tuna, soy beans, beancurds, dark green colored vegetables such as broccoli or spinach.
- Children with this allergy have lactose intolerance. Their bodies lack the enzyme "lactase", a very important type of enzyme that enables the child to digest lactose (sugar in the milk) to form glucose and galactose. Without this enzyme, undigested lactose will remain in their intestines. This is why some babies get diarrhea every time they have formula milk. This can lead to other complicated matters.
- How to solve this problem: as soon as you know this problem, visit the doctor and ask for advice.
- Do not introduce cows milk to your child too early. Check with a diatition for when to start introducing milk.
- When you do start to give your child milk, start by giving them a very small amount once in a while. This will help the child develop the enzymes nessasary for digestion.
- The above tips on how to overcome this problem but you need to get a doctor’s advice and opinion.
- Do not rely on these tips alone. The most important thing for mothers is really not to panic if this problem ever occurs at all.
- If your child starts to have a hard time breathing after ingesting milk products, take them to the ER Imedeatly. This could signal that they are not lactose intolerent but are actual allergic. This could be anafalatic shock and it is deadly.