Pack a Diaper Bag
From Tips and Steps
Looking for more informationType Pack a Diaper Bag into the search box below.
- Bring Sanitary Wipes and Gel. Anti-bacteria hand gel can be a lifesaver when there's not a sink nearby. Sani-wipes or antibacterial wipes can help clean off a restaurant highchair, the handle of the grocery car, and the restroom changing table.
- Pack Extra Plastic Bags. Whether a reused grocery bag, or zip-top baggie, you'll need these constantly for putting dirty bibs and clothes in, or a soiled diaper.
- Give yourself a treat. How would you keep yourself occupied while he/she is sleeping? Pack a little snack for yourself, drop your wallet in, and anything else that will make you happy on your trip. Take a camera along just in case you see something on a stroller ride or you want to photograph the baby doing something cute.
- Just remember that you're not packing for a trip, just a time out of the house. Don't overdo the stroller or cram things in the diaper bag.
- Always have a bag ready. If you're out or low on food/drinks, prepare as soon as you come home, so you don't have to worry at the last minute. Wash any dirty/dropped pacifiers as soon as possible.
- You may want to have two diaper bags: one for long outings, and a smaller one for shorter trips.
- It's good to have a changing pad (either disposable or plastic) if there isn't a restroom around. Some restaurants won't have a "Koala Baby Changing Station", which is a plastic changing table (usually mounted on the wall). Having your own plan is better than guessing if something is available or not.
- If your child's doctor uses disposible examination pads (they are about the size of a bandanna), grab a few --they make excellent disposible changing pads. They are also available at some retailers for use in incontinent patients.
Related Tips and Steps
- How to Soothe a Teething Baby
- How to Use Cloth Diapers
- How to Wear a Baby Pouch Sling
- How to Help a Pet Get Used to a New Baby
- How to Buy a Baby Carseat/Stroller Travel System
- How to Change a Diaper
- How to Bathe an Infant
- How to Photograph a Baby or Infant
Please leave a commentPlease share your thoughts or comments on Pack a Diaper Bag.
Use the comment area below. comments powered by Disqus