Plan a Family Reunion
From Tips and Steps
Looking for more informationType Plan a Family Reunion into the search box below.
Whether it is a class reunion or a family reunion, proper planning is the key to success. Here are some pointers to be kept in mind for planning a perfect reunion.
- 6 to 10 months – Family Reunion Planning: Here you have to start thinking right from the sketch. Take a notepad and a pen and jot down every possible thing that comes to you mind for your reunion planing. After you are done with the following things, you will be clear and focused on what you want and what you don't want for the reunion.
- - Start getting organized
- - Create a family reunion
- - Select the date, time and location of the reunion
- - Select the type of reunion
- - Prepare the guests list
- - Start deciding the budget
- - Send Online Invitations – and save the date alerts
- - Select the family reunion Theme
- - Plan family reunion games & activities
- - Plan decorations
- - Decide upon the caterers, photographers etc.
- 2 to 4 month – Family Reunion Planning: Now you have send out the invites, you know the time, place and location of the family reunion. But you have still not received RSVP's from a couple of guests. So here is what needs to be done.
- - Gave a confirmation call to caters, photographers etc.
- - Do not forget to calculate rental needs
- - Send out follow up postcard reminders
- - Prepare programs and schedules
- 2 to 3 weeks - Family Reunion Planning: Ok! So now there are only couple of weeks left for your reunion. Don't be overwhelmed, you are almost done with your preparations:
- - Check in with volunteers and check final details
- - One week before the reunion have all the loaners stuff like chairs, coolers etc. delivered
- - Consult your checklist and see what slipped off and fix it
- - If its a potluck party, give a call and confirm if everyone is still on with the plans.
- - Be ready with all the things you will need for the family reunion activities.
- - All the disposal stuff should be with you.
- - See what else chefs need, check their menu checklist.
- On the Final Day:
- - See that you are smiling
- - Give you guests a warm welcome
- - Make them comfortable
- - If something goes wrong, don't panic, just ignore.
- Proper Family Reunion Planning will surely make your party a Hit!
- November marks the annual observance of Family Reunion Planning Month - This is an excellent month to start planning your family reunion during extended family visits. Gather copies of your own family photos and take them with you. Consider taking a photo copying device so you can get copies of photos from family members. Use these for scrapbooking, family history documentation and your keepsake family memory booklet.
Sources and Citations
- Family Reunion Planning – TimeTable - Original source of this page. Shared with permission
- 6 Step Family Reunion Planning Guide - Original source of this page. Shared with permission