Prepare a Baby Bottle
From Tips and Steps
Looking for more informationType Prepare a Baby Bottle into the search box below.
Bottles are an important staple in most babies' lives. Read on to learn how to prepare one safely.
- Select a clean bottle and nipple. If you are using disposable liners, insert a new liner.
- Add water. The water should be at room temperature. Boiled water or bottled water are safe to use. In some areas tap water is also safe, however well water should always be boiled.
- Add formula using the amount stated in the directions. Amounts may differ between brands.
- Shake vigorously to mix completely.
- Warm bottle by placing in warm water. The temperature should be equal to body temperature, so test by dripping onto your wrist. It should not feel hot or cold.
- Keeping half-prepared bottles (prefilled with water) ready in the fridge will reduce bottle preparation times, which may be very handy for night feedings.
- Do not keep formula after it is mixed. Anything that is not eaten immediately should be discarded.
- Don't put cereal in the formula. Cereal should be hand served with a spoon.
Related Tips and Steps
- How to Sterilize Baby Bottles
- How to Bottle Nurse a Baby
- How to Make Powdered Baby Formula
- How to Feed a Baby Infant Formula