Remove a Stuck GE Washer Agitator
If the agitator stops working properly, maintenance and repair work may require removing it.
Because different washing machines' agitators are attached in different ways, it's important to know how to remove the agitator properly to avoid damaging it and incurring a costly repair.
If you are removing the GE washer agitator because you have a piece of clothing stuck underneath it, please try untwisting the stuck clothing free before trying to remove the agitator.
Figure out the direction in which the agitator spins (usually the direction in which it is easy to turn the drum), then hold the outside drum in place while spinning the agitator in the opposite direction.
This is to reverse the direction of the agitator to untwist the clothing from underneath it.
As you continue to reverse spin the agitator, slowly pull the piece of clothing out and untwist until it is completely free of the agitator. If this fails, then try removing the agitator to retrieve your clothing.
- Justine Damond police shooting shows the gulf between America and Australia
- Helicopter crashes on Barrier Reef pontoon in North Queensland
- Kaurna people granted native title rights in Adelaide 18 years after claim
- How do you spot a fake charity collector?
- Tathra bushfire - Family overjoyed after finding dogs left behind survived blaze unscathed