Broccoli is an incredibly versatile vegetable that can be eaten cooked or raw, plain or cooked into a dish. Choosing quality broccoli is a key to enjoying it.
- Look for broccoli with bright green heads.
- Prefer compact clusters of the broccoli florets. The more open the florets, the older and closer to flowering the florets are.
- Choose firm, strong and unwilted stems and stalks. If the stem seems woody, do not buy it.
- Avoid purchasing broccoli with yellow flowers. It has gone past the stage of desirable texture. However, if your own broccoli has flowered, it will still work in soup or as stock flavouring.
- Store broccoli in the refrigerator and keep it dry. Use within 7 days, or earlier if you notice any wilting commencing.
Things You'll Need
- Quality fruit and vegetable supplier
Related Tips and Steps
Looking for more information on Select Broccoli? Search using Google Just add your search term in the box below. The result will appear on this page.
Please leave a comment
comments powered by