A stepfamily or blended family is a family where at least one parent has children, from a previous relationship, that are not genetically related to the other parent.
Either one or both parents may have children from a previous relationship.
Children from a stepfamily may live with one biological parent, or they may live with each biological parent for a period of time.
In addition, visitation rights mean that children in stepfamilies often have contact with both biological parents, even if they permanently live with only one.
- Justine Damond police shooting shows the gulf between America and Australia
- Helicopter crashes on Barrier Reef pontoon in North Queensland
- Kaurna people granted native title rights in Adelaide 18 years after claim
- How do you spot a fake charity collector?
- Tathra bushfire - Family overjoyed after finding dogs left behind survived blaze unscathed