Stimulate Your Appetite
From Tips and Steps
Looking for more informationType Stimulate Your Appetite into the search box below.
Loss of appetite can be the result of many factors. If you have ruled out serious illness as a cause, you can take some simple steps to restore your appetite.
- Exercise. It does not have to be a formal workout, or even high intensity.
- Look at cookbooks, health magazines, or cooking websites. Simply observing pictures of food can stimulate your appetite and physically prepare your body to eat.
- Try new foods, or make old favorites more interesting by adding to the recipe. You might also want to try some exotic healthy foods, or try foraging for wild foods.
- Eat food you enjoy. Of course, it should also be healthy, but you want to choose foods that you find enjoyable.
- Experience your food. Take time to savor the smells, tastes, and textures as you eat.
- Plan your meals. Anticipation of good food can increase your appetite.
- Have a very small snack, such as a handful of berries or a spoonful of yoghurt, before your meal. If you have gone too long without food, you will tend to "tune out your hunger and actually reduce your appetite.
Related Tips and Steps
- How to Eat Healthy on Vacation
- How to Talk to Your Doctor About Gaining Weight
- How to Teach Someone Not to Be a Picky Eater
- How to Control Hiatal Hernia by Dietary and Lifestyle Adjustments