Teach a Bird to Talk
From Tips and Steps
Looking for more informationType Teach a Bird to Talk into the search box below.
Ever wanted to teach your bird to talk? But just didn't know how? This step by step guide will get you and your bird having conversations in no time!
- Its compulsory to be able to talk to your bird in order to teach it how to talk.
- Birds don't really talk, they copy
- Step one, set you and your bird out in a quiet room that you can walk in and out of.
- Step 2, enter the room with a warm "Hello!" loud, but no too loud, enough for the bird to hear, repeat the step 5 times.
- step 3, exit the room by saying "Bye" or "Tata" or which ever one you choose. repeat 5 times.
- Leave bird in the room and occasionally walk in and repeat step 2 and 3
- This could take a few days practice.
- Inform family/roomies of the process and get them to help out with the operation.
- Do not make your words to hard for the bird to say.
- Always sound happy when you teach the bird new words.
- Reward the bird when he/she copies you so he/she knows they've done the right thing.
- Use positive praise.
- Use simple praise like "Good!"
- Do not scold as the bird 'is' trying even if you do not think so.
- when the bird has learned the basic speech start to use more words
- When the bird has learned you will still need to say "Hello" and "Bye" just so the bird does no forget
- Depending on the bird type this process could take 1 day or 1 year or longer as some birds are smarter than others.