The True Story of Adelaide Herrmann, Queen of Magic
But Addie was anything but ordinary. She longed for thrills and excitement!
At a time when a young lady appearing onstage was considered most unusual, Addie defied convention and became a dancer.
And when she married the world-famous magician Herrmann the Great, she knew she had to be part of his show.
Addie wanted to shock and dazzle! She would do anything to draw the crowds, even agree to be shot out of a cannon.
But when Herrmann the Great died, Addie couldn’t disappoint her loyal fans — the show had to go on.
What could she do?
She would perform the show all by herself! From the creators of Mesmerized, this rollicking romp tells the true story of one fearless magician’s rise to glory, featuring exquisitely lavish illustrations by Iacopo Bruno.
Extensive back matter, including instructions for performing one of Addie’s original tricks, makes this a dazzling celebration of one of the first female conjurers in show business.
Anything But Ordinary Addie: The True Story of Adelaide Herrmann, Queen of Magic http://tipsandsteps.com/shortlink/og
- Australian Border Force boss Roman Quaedvlieg sacked after helping girlfriend get job in force
- Video - 30 years ago these classics were topping the charts
- Video - Tomas Slavik winning run at Red Bull Valparaiso Cerro Abajo 2018
- Beijing has fired a new weapon at sea for the first time
- Photo - Giant Leatherback Sea Turtle