Trump administration orders EPA media blackout
Mr Trump's administration has also announced a media blackout on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and barred staff from awarding any new contracts or grants.
Emails sent to EPA staff detailed specific prohibitions banning press releases, blog updates or posts to the agency's social media accounts.
It also ordered a "temporary suspension" of all new business activities at the department, including issuing task orders or work assignments to EPA contractors.
The orders were expected to have a significant and immediate impact on EPA activities nationwide.
"We're just trying to get a handle on everything and make sure what goes out reflects the priorities of the new administration," communications director for Mr Trump's EPA transition team Doug Ericksen said.
Latest Wiki Entries
- How to Treat a Mild Concussion
- My Blended Family 2
- Who is Jeff Kennett
- Who is Julia Gillard
- Julia Gillard to replace Jeff Kennett as Beyond Blue chair
- Bollywood dance the ticket to celebrating 50 years of Indian culture in Adelaide
- Adelaide Crows edge Brisbane Lions by one goal after Erin Phillips masterclass
- Salt Creek: SA man found guilty of six charges over attack on backpackers
- Salt Creek timeline: Supreme Court trial describes details of harrowing ordeal
- Stop Sweet Cravings