Couples with children from previous relationships may need strategies. Strategies on communication, agreement on discipline – who spells out the rules and what the rules are – and on handling competing demands. It is just as important for couples to ensure that in a busy week there is time just for each other. This two session course covers:
- the differences and uniqueness inherent in stepfamilies;
- the need to let go of the past in order to devise mutual expectations, which requires good communication skills;
- parents’ roles and challenges in the stepfamily, and the need to establish positive biological and step-parent roles;
- what children experience and how they cope in stepfamilies;
- nurturing the couple bond and development of conflict resolution skills particular to the stepfamily experience and
- charting of stepfamily stages and the building of new stepfamily traditions.
Currently the next date for this course has not been scheduled. If you are interested in registering for this course please click the enquiry button and fill in your details and we'll notify you when the next course is scheduled.