Here is an easy method to make Teddy look good as new; a little ammonia in the wash.
- Use a spray bottle to lightly spray a small section of the stuffed animal with ammonia till the surface is barely damp.
- Rub the damp section with a white or light colored cloth or towel.
- Repeat steps one and two till section is clean. Use a clean spot of the cloth each time you spray.
- Move to new section and repeat steps until the entire animal is clean.
- Let animal dry.
- Brush using a stiff bristled brush to fluff and smooth.
- Ammonia is safe for satin, lace, fake fur and most fabrics.
- Don't do this unless your stuffed animal really needs it. Avoid submerging the stuffed toy in water.
- Poof up the animal by using a blow dryer or boar bristle/synthetic bristle hairbrush. Go gently.
- Test in a small inconspicuous place for colorfastness.
- If using a washing machine, place the soft toy in a pillow case to minimise damage to the eyes, nose and other fragile features of the toy
Related Tips and Steps
Looking for more information on Wash Stuffed Animals? Search using Google Just add your search term in the box below. The result will appear on this page.
Please leave a comment
comments powered by