What is a Ha Ha
A ha-ha (or ha-ha wall) is a recessed landscape design element that creates a vertical barrier while preserving views.
The design includes a turfed incline which slopes downward to a sharply vertical face, typically a masonry retaining wall.
Ha-has are used in landscape design to prevent access to a garden, for example by grazing livestock, without obstructing views.
In security design, the element is used to deter vehicular access to a site while minimizing visual obstruction.
The name "ha-ha" derives from the unexpected (i.e., amusing) moment of discovery when, on approach, the recessed wall suddenly becomes visible.
Latest Wiki Entries
- My Blended Family 2
- Who is Jeff Kennett
- Who is Julia Gillard
- Julia Gillard to replace Jeff Kennett as Beyond Blue chair
- Bollywood dance the ticket to celebrating 50 years of Indian culture in Adelaide
- Adelaide Crows edge Brisbane Lions by one goal after Erin Phillips masterclass
- Salt Creek: SA man found guilty of six charges over attack on backpackers
- Salt Creek timeline: Supreme Court trial describes details of harrowing ordeal
- Stop Sweet Cravings
- Unstick a Door