Who painted 'The Sistine Madonna'?
Raffaello Sanzio da Urbino, known as Raphael, was an Italian painter and architect of the High Renaissance.
His work is admired for its clarity of form, ease of composition, and visual achievement of the Neoplatonic ideal of human grandeur.
Together with Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci, he forms the traditional trinity of great masters of that period.
- Justine Damond police shooting shows the gulf between America and Australia
- Helicopter crashes on Barrier Reef pontoon in North Queensland
- Kaurna people granted native title rights in Adelaide 18 years after claim
- How do you spot a fake charity collector?
- Tathra bushfire - Family overjoyed after finding dogs left behind survived blaze unscathed