Recognize Dwarf Tapeworm Infection
From Tips and Steps
Revision as of 23:04, 24 May 2010 by Admin
Looking for more informationType Recognize Dwarf Tapeworm Infection into the search box below.
- Know what to look for in case of an infection.
- Be aware that young children (specifically those with a severe infection) may develop:
- Ignore the myths.
- You cannot feel a tapeworm inside your body.
- A tapeworm infection does not normally cause weight loss.
- See your doctor for diagnosis and treatment. Diagnosis is made by identifying tapeworm eggs in stool. Treatment consists of the prescription drug praziquantel. More than one treatment with the drug may be required.
- Eggs can re-infect you or infect others without delay after being shed in feces.
- A dwarf tapeworm infection is typically not serious. But a prolonged, heavy infection can lead to more severe symptoms, making medical attention necessary.
Related Tips and Steps
- How to Recognize and Treat Cysticercosis (Pork Tapeworm Infection)
- How to Get Rid of Tapeworms in Your Pets
- How to Wash Your Hands
- How to Make Your Own Waterless Hand Sanitizer