From Tips and Steps
Revision as of 00:04, 23 May 2010 by Admin
Looking for more informationType Store Pistachios into the search box below.
Keep those expensive delights fresh by keeping them cold
- Place pistachios in an airtight container
- Place the container in the fridge or freezer
- Eat within one year if you froze the nuts or six months if put in the fridge.
- Fresh pistachios have a nice crunch - keeping them from absorbing moisture from the air is essential to keeping them fresh.
- Shelled pistachios will lose their freshness faster - eat shelled, stored pistachios within 60 days for maximum flavor
- When thawing your frozen nuts, or even when warming them from the fridge you might want to put them in a plastic bag to keep condensation from the air from forming on them.
Related Tips and Steps
- How to Store Herbs
- How to Roast Chestnuts
- How to Remove Nuts from Their Skin
- How to Crack Macadamia Nuts
- How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds